Saturday 17 December 2011

Fri 16th - Hooked on Fishing!?!

Fri 16th - Luckily the creepy feeling had gone in the morning.... funny how daylight helps with that!!  Benny did admit that he was kind of freaked out after Id commented on it though...

Drove to Fernhook Falls for lunch, a little walk and of course a flick of the rod... no bites though, managed to get a photo of us both, a rarity!!


Onwards, drove to Walpole and stocked up on some supplies and then on to Peacful Bay, got there late arvo and headed down to the beach :) Benny set up a couple of beach rods and got me to have a go too... I managed to catch HEAPS!! hahahaha, lots of whiting and a decent sized flattie too :)  I do have to give Benny some credit too though, he was being lovely, baiting my hook for me, taking the fish off the hook for me that I caught and killing and filleting them... I think he's just trying to get me hooked and then I'll be doing it all myself ;)


One of Bennys whiting :)

Fishing until the sunset... I even heard the phrase escape my lips... "one more cast!??".... I AM starting to sound like a fisherwoman, Bennys plan is working!!! It does get kind of addictive when you're catching them and getting bites though :)

My fishing stance, get me ;)  My next fishing phrase is I managed to hook a BIG fish (honest!) it was pulling the reel out, making the phhreeee sound!! Benny rushed over to coach me "Walk down the beach..." I yelled back "Why do you want me to walk down the beach when I'm trying to pull a fish in??!!!" hahaha, turns out you're meant to walk in the direction the fish is swimming in to help pull them in... unfortunately the rig wasnt up to scratch, the knot slipped and the fish escaped with the hook :(  Next time I'll get a big one!!

Our catch for the evening!!!  

Benny sorting the fish out while I get dinner on :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment