Saturday 17 December 2011

Tue 13th - Wed 14th

Tue 13th - Checked out the Yeagerup Sand Dunes just south of Pemberton, Benny knows this WA coast line so well, its brilliant, Ive got my own personal tour guide :)  He told me that the sand dunes are the largest inland dune system in WA... they reminded me of a really tame ski field, mayabe a blue run, they even had sticks to stay between!


The photos dont really show how big the area was that the Sand Dunes were taking over.. well worth checking out if you're ever down that area :)
After a quick stop off in Pemberton to buy a National Park Pass and some bargain home grown snowpeas for $2 (Good find Benny!) we pulled into Big Brook Abertoreum to set up camp... first night of paying for camping, $7 each!!!! Pretty pricey for a spot in the woods... they had "camp hosts" at this spot though so we had to do the right thing and pay up, apparently these camp hosts are in the same spot for >>>, felt a bit sorry for them, it was nice enough for a night but it wasnt near any source of water (lake, stream, ocean... well not that we could see, although we both dont know what an abertoreum is and I think it sounds quite of watery??!!) Anyway... Had a lovely fire, dinner and some port that we'd picked up earlier in the day :) YUM! By chance we'd passed one of the winearys that the Xanadu guy had recommended to us, budget campers us ;)  From about 4am onwards the mossies came out to play... not the fly screen project needs work!! I spent the next few hours dosing and then being suddenly awake with the sound of BIZZZZ next to my ear, bloody hate mozzies, little buggers, bite me, take some of my blood I have heaps to share but WHY make me itch, especially annoying on my feet! Ok, mossie rant over :p ....the white board above the head now looks like a mossie graveyeard though!!!

Wed 14th - We headed to Malimup Beach, GORGEOUS, checking out this camp spot is a must!!  It was overcast, windy and full of flies on the beach (but as Benny keeps telling me flies go hand in hand in Austrlia and summer... I'm only just noticing but a big THANKYOU to Wendy for my head netting gear, you have no idea how much I'm wearing it!!) But just back from the beach there were some lovely, sheltered sand dunes with some excellent camp spots... this one we loved, it had fire wood ready for us, a pit for the fire and a fresh running stream under the trees and only a 5 min walk from the beach :)  
After lunch on the beach we set up camp, Benny took his fishing gear down the beach and I made a fire, which included chopping wood with an axe, bloody hard work :p  And treated myself to a bush facial which consisted of exfoliation, cleanse, tone and moisturise, MAN it felt sooo good :)  Benny came back from his fishing expedition with some silver brim and heron for dinner and went to dig a hole in the bush for a number 2.... after all that effort he didnt need to use it.... about an hour later I did though!! Yes, I lost my virginity to pooping in the bush :) 

Map of Malimup Beach in case anyone is down that way and wants to check out the lovely camp spot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment