Saturday 17 December 2011

Thurs 15th - Heartbreak Hotel

Thurs 15th - Woke up at Malimup, I woke up at a reasonable hour, around 7ish, Benny was up at something like 5am to go fishing!!  I did think about getting up and making him a coffee to take down to the beach but the bed was so comfy and I had it all to myself so I decided to snooze a bit more :) Next time I'll be a good girlfriend and get up!!  Benny came back with a good few fish, salmon and some more silver brim... so salmon and hash browns for brekkie, yum :)  While Benny was sorting his fish out near the fresh water stream I got the fire going again and heated some water up for a shower for us both, so good to be clean again, start to feel a bit grimy after a few days and no water action... baby wipes can only go so far!!  I even went as far as shaving my legs to accompany the bush facial beauty treatment, complete with the mossie head net in place :)  I did try and convince Benny to let me exfoliate his hands, he's suffering from the lack of brick work and his hands are starting to peel :(  No go with the exfoliation but I'm sure some more fishing will sort him out!  Benny pointed out what bullants were to me and the fact that they hurt when they bite, he also found a baby scorpion.... good job he found that in the morning and not at night otherwise I would have been freaking out getting up at night time to pee in case they managed to find me and bite me on the bum!! hahaha :)

After packing up we drove onto Windy Harbour....it was Windy!!
But with cute little beach shacks and outdoor sinks for fishy stuff :)

Benny had heard about some shacks that are open to everyone so we went for a beach drive to try and explore and find one.... We hit this bog and decided not to drive through it and went for a walk....

And found "Heartbreak Hotel"

A gorgeous little shack that is owned by Fred and Ian and open to the public with certain conditions, such as writing in the book and replacing what you use :)  Very cute.  Fred passed away in 2009 but theres a plaque for him in the bush nearby with "forever caretaker" engraved and some photos of him around the shack.

After exploring Benny let the tyres down to see if we could get to the shack on a more sandy route :)  Didnt really want the stinky bog covering our home.... or us getting stuck!!

We did find another open shack but it was no-where near as nice...

Back entrance to the Hotel :)

View from the decking from heartbreak... shame it was super windy, Benny would have liked to cast a line into the river mouth but the wind was in the wrong direction and he didnt fancy swimming across to the other side!!

Our camp spot for the night, nearby to heart break.... I wish we'd stayed in the hotel cos I got a strange kind of creepy feeling at this spot... so much so that when I went for the night time bush loo trip I told Benny to come and find me if I didnt come back and if he heard screaming... it was all fine... of course :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment