Tuesday 28 January 2014

21st - 24th January - Finally got the boat out!!

 

On the 21st Benny, Malcolm and me set off fishing across the inlet. We had to borrow a life jacket for Malcolm, beggars can't be choosers and he ended up having to wear a massive yellow inflatable thing, that reminded me of something off the titanic! He wouldn't keep it on for a photo though ;p

 

After a nice calm crossing to the inlet, with our little boat even getting up on the plane, with 3 people in was quite impressive!! Malcolm caught a flatie (flathead) pretty much straight away on a plastic but we weren't quick enough with the net and it jumped off the hook. After that there was nothing for a while, Benny was catching a few Brim but too small to keep, then I managed to get a flatie and this time we got it on the boat! 10mins later Malcolm caught one too :)

 

On our return journey the wind had picked up and we all caught absolutely SOAKED!! Good job it wasn't freezing otherwise we'd have been pretty miserable. Benny did his thing with the flaties at the boat ramp and Malcolm started feeding the Pelicans....I wanted a go with the next set of fish scraps but I decided I'd conduct the Pelicans like an orchestra ;) it was great, they were flapping their wings and making sounds all at the same time when they thought I was going to throw the fish scraps!!

 

On the 22nd Benny and me went to Bainsdale (the nearest big town) as Bennys phone had stopped working and he needed a new one... It was nice to have a look round the shops and spend the day together just the two of us :) On the way back we stopped at a Micro-Brewery, Benny had a stout (yuk!) and I had a tasting paddle of 4 beers, most of them were ok but one in particular wasn't very nice at all, in Bennys words he thought it tasted like it had been strained through a pair of old socks!! As we were heading back into Bemm River I realised we were in perfect time for happy hour :) Malcolm and Trish had been for a drive for the day and had beaten us there!!

On the 23rd Benny and Malcolm went out on the boat and I had a camp/beach day :) they came back with 6 flaties and 2 Brims so we had home-made fish, chips and salad for tea which was delicious!!

I'm typing on the 24th and it's raining and forecast gale force winds so the perfect time to catch up on the blogg!! Dave and Steph are meant to be joining us this evening after they've finished work so finished crossed the weather doesn't get too vicious ....watch this space!!

 

You can't really see now soaked I got in this photo....maybe from my hair?? Oh yeah, and there's the flatie I caught ;)

Mum I Only have a double chin cos it's a bad angle ;)

Malcolm and me with our catches of the day

The jetty where Dave and Robyn let us keep the boat :) Thanks x

Flat head

Feeding the pelicans....love this shot, just before the fish guts land...

....and this one as a follow up with them all fighting for the fish ;)

Benny borrowing my pink PFD and showing off just some of his catch for the day

The weather about to hit us..

.

When it actually did, waterproof pants and jacket were out

At the micro brewery on the way back from Bairnsdale

With my tasting platter ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment