Sunday 1 December 2013

Thurs 21st Nov - A week on the Road!!

We'd both planned to be up early, go out on the tinnie fishing but I could actually breathe in the morning so stayed in bed and snoozed a little longer and Benny went out. He didn't catch anything :( came back about 9ish, we had brekkie and went out together :) Id only had my rod in the water for a couple of minutes and got a bite!!! Didn't manage to reel it in though and that was the only bite we had for the next couple of hours... We headed back to camp, Benny went to the loo and disappeared for ages, the next thing I know the guys camping next to us where yelling at me to come and join them....when I got there I saw Benny with a beer in his hand looking very happy ;)

 

We ended up spending the rest of e day with them, they were 4 guys from Tralagon... I can't remember any of their names apart from one guys nickname who was "Froggy". They were all really friendly though, kept feeding Benny with beers and started to cook up a roast, when it was ready we were invited to join them...YUM!! Roast pork, crackling, roast veggies in the camp oven, peas and gravy :) It was a strange day, weather-wise, rain, sun, cold, hot...I think I had about 5 different outfit changes on throughout the day, you could tell we're still in Victoria, 5 seasons in one day!!

 

After an amazing feed we all headed out on our separate boats for some dusk fishing, the guys had fridges in their boats and Benny reckons they were going to keep up with the beers, not wanting to fall behind and lacking a fridge bathe tinnie he took the bottle of Wild Turkey John (his boss) had given him as a leaving present....turns out that was pretty strong stuff ;)

 

We took a swag on the boat with us and I jammed it up the front and made myself comfy with my book :) While we were trawling I managed to hook a fish, wool!! It was a big trout!! I reeled it in to beside the boat but we didn't have a net so drunk Benny managed to scoop it into the boat once it was tired out from swimming....after a few photos we kept going for some more, no luck though, just ended up with a massive tangle of 2 of the lines, Benny was determined to get it untangled but it was getting dark so we cut it and then just had one line out before we headed home.

 

The other guys had caught 6 fish between them but they've got 30years+ experience ;) they've been coming t this campsite for ages, their wives call it the "Golden Pond" cos it costs so much for them to get there!! They were telling us that Lake Dartmouth has more water in it that Sydney harbour and that at the moment it's pretty full but they've known it when you have to walk 1km down from the campsite to the water, they reckon there's always heaps of lures stuck in the trees when it's like that from everyone getting them tangled when the lakes full!!

 

So back to drunk Benny, we went up to enjoy their campfire for a bit and then I attempted the challenge of getting him back to our camper trailer and up the ladder into bed....I did succeed after about 30mins but I was debating putting him on the swag on the uneven ground a couple of times!!! As I was faffing around getting ready for bed I shone my torch on a bit of fly screen and nearly screamed, there was a spider (a big huntsman) on the fly screen but what I saw was the shadow my torch had created which made the spider look MASSIVE!! ....That bloody huntsman ended up crawling into the canvas and we saw it at 2 different camps after that, I'm hoping Benny has now got rid of it for good, I can't stand the way they move, ugh!

Mum can you see the book Im reading??!!! xx
 
Mmmm Wild Turkey....Thanks John Wood!!

I know he's holding it but I caught it ;)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment