Monday 27 February 2012

Mon 6th – Barossa Valley and Adelaide


After driving through the night for a bit, we pulled up at Burra Creek Gorge Campground for the night J  In the morning we did try and check out the Gorge but didn’t get too far into the trek, we’d had another sleep-in and wanted to get on the road to Adelaide, I’d been in touch with some family friends, that Mum and Dad had made when they were living in QLD, so we wanted to make it to them for the evening….. not until we’d gone via the Barossa Valley though! As Benny isn’t  fan of wine I got to sample all the ‘local products’ with the added bonus of a driver ;)  I didn’t recognise any of the names of the wines (apart from Jacobs Creek, boring) and my wine guru (Shannon Fenny!) wasn’t picking up the phone so I just picked random ones from the map… so by accident I checked out “Charles Molten” a discovered it was a boutique cellar door with their cheapest bottle being $35 and I was getting to taste several $60 bottles, yum!!!  While I was in there their were quite a few customers dropping some fairly large amounts of cash… one of them, an American, got into conversation with me and told me “I’m from NY but am living in Miami”… my response was “Im from the Uk but am living on the road..” I don’t think he quite knew how to handle that ;)  After buying some favourites for the Lipps (the friends we were staying with in Adelaide) we kept going to the city.  It was lovely to catch up with Sebastian, Lani and their little girl Eleni and it was so nice of them to welcome us in their home is such a loving way J  Benny and Basti have the same sense of humour and so got on like a house on fire, that and the fact they both had someone else to talk ‘cars’ with… I think me and Lani are the same, we can talk colours and that’s about it!!!

 Burra Creek Gorge Butterflies



Country Road Signs

No comments:

Post a Comment