Monday 9 January 2012

Fri 30th – Kelly Poynter – “Hopetoun you’re bringing me down”

The morning brought some nasty looking dark clouds so pack up was pretty quick!!  Also the destruction of Kyles camp chair that had blown into the embers from the night before L We were lucky though and the rain never hit, the boys filleted their catch from the night before, Malcolm had a bit of a photo shoot with his silver brim and even though it looked like it was nasty weather it was actually pretty muggy so I went for a dip in the ocean… when its weather like that though the ocean always looks pretty ominous so I got the ‘shark fear’ and didn’t go in very far!!  


Hmm think I got confused and this was the photo from the day before... cos the morning was honestly very cloudy!!!

Malcolm and his Brim.... for my english non-fishing friends thats the fish and not the type of hat or anything like that ;)

Getting the fish fillets 

Having a dip in the 'shark-fear' ocean....

When everyone was ready we drove into Hopetoun, Malcolm and Trish had said that the bakery was amazing so we were all looking forward to a pie but when we got there EVERYWHERE was closed, it was the crappest little place ever, what was going on!!  In the end Benny made me a wrap of what we had in the fridge…. Tuna, salami and cheese, a strange combination but it was actually really good J  We weren’t sure where the camp so went to investigate, the one place Bennys parents knew about was full but Benny found a 4x4 track with a spot big enough for us to pull off on and still keep the track free so we set up there…  It wasn’t until we’d set up that we realized we’d entered MOSSIE HELL!!! I know I complain a lot about these little buggers but no joke I have never seen as many mossies in my life… we grabbed food and Kelly and Kyles gas burner and headed down the beach for fish wraps and… some fishing ;)  While we were down there we were treated to the best pink sunset and an amazing thunderstorm from a distance with loud thunder and lightning forks!!  When we got back to the campsite the mossies had seemed to multiply in numbers, I didn’t think that was possible but looking at the torch beam I reckon I could see 20, they were in SWARMS!! I was in a grump cos even though I’d made a fly screen around the bed it was not a professional job and let some mossies in so I wasn’t keen on testing it in these extreme conditions…I was all for taking my swag down the beach, when Benny remembered we had a tent!! THANK GOD J A nights sleep without having to worry about being eaten alive.

Road closed??! Nah...

Escaping from the mossies on the beach

Chef for the night

Fish wraps and a gorgeous sunset :)

No comments:

Post a Comment