Monday 9 January 2012

Tues 26th – Wed 27th – Beach Life

We spent the next couple of nights at this secret spot, enjoyed some snorkeling, swimming, kite flying, fishing and the discussion of aqua-poos…. Honestly how many people do this??!! Is it a common thing?! I was a little bit appalled but I was told its common among surfers!! I’m just getting my head about digging a hole in the bush and am a LONG way off/pretty much NEVER gonna participate in this event unless the ocean is surrounded by concrete and I am not able to dig a hole!!  Anyway, you can tell the boys were enjoying each others company with the topic of conversation and the amount of fishing happening!! One night I did decide to join them with a drive to try and find a good fishing spot but there were 3 tides to contend with, running out with the rod and trying to run backwards with the rod, letting the line out and missing all of the 3 waves breaking!! I did manage to catch a herring, the only fish for the night J So the next night I thought I’d let the boys go off on their own and Kel and me enjoyed the sunset, some vodka and some girly chats xx  The boys came back very successful with a salmon and some herring... Urm Ive forgotten what else that night, I didn’t write it down and all the fish blend into one!!


Lets go fly a kite....

Snorkel style


Didnt manage to spear anything... I think I'm glad about that...

Benny and Me.... and the sand and wash from the waves breaking over the reef

During the day the boys were fishing out on a sand bank, knees deep in water… we could see they were catching fish but it seemed they were struggling to get them in the bag once they’d pulled them in…. Don’t fear the girls came to the rescue!! We had some left over fly screen in the ute and I’d bought some glittery gold pipe cleaners with the good intention of making Christmas decorations (it never happened!!) BUT we used both of these bits of material to make fishing net bags!!!!  Kel had the ingenious idea of putting a beer in the bags so when we presented them to the boys they weren’t so appalled by the glitter ;) They came back with fish!!  They reckoned the bags only kind of helped… their solution was to lean back once they’d caught the fish and trap it to their shirts and then grab them from there and into the bags… lovely fishing smelling boyfriends, just what we always wanted!!!

The catch... not the most flattering angle...

 Much better :)

Kite Flying attempt 2

The sheltered spot

Enjoying the sunset and a night of vodka

Kelly and Kyles tent, no need for a fly screen, enjoying the stars

Yes I can fish too... the only one that caught anything that night!!


Beach Camp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment