Monday 9 January 2012

Sun 1st – Happy 2012!!! ….and Mon 2nd

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!  I know the blog is late but seriously limited signal, hence the massive updates at once…

So we work up in the car park, Kelly and Kyle disappeared back to camp at first light so they could crash in their tent but cos our mattress was in the back of the ute we snoozed for a bit longer J  We eventually got up and made it back to camp about 9ish, hugs and kisses to Bennys parents and enjoyed fish for brekkie.  Next stop was Skippy Rock, really enjoyed this campsite, we took up two ‘bays’ between the 3 of us with bush between the bays and a walking track down to beaches…  We decided to stay a couple of nights so we set our tent up too J Again the boys fished and the girls snoozed, put photos on the laptop and read a bit.  Fish for dinner on the gas barbies J
Think Benny and me needed to catch up on sleep cos we managed to sleep in till 10!! That’s super late compared to all the other mornings so far… its hard when the sun comes up but our tent was in a shady spot at Skippy Rock.  Kelly and Kyle went for a walk and the rest of us headed down the beach for a little bit of fishing, I had a go this time and caught a pretty big herring and maybe a stingray… the line went zinging out and then came loose and we saw a stingray shadow in the rocks so we were guessing that’s what it was.  After lunch I got some more dye out (purple and olive green this time…) and after explaining the blue hands and leprecorn Trish lent me here tongs to use, as purple is one of her favourite colours she also gave me a top that shed bleached to chuck into the purple bucket!!  Trish wanted to chill out at the camp but the rest of us jumped in the cars and tried to get down to the inlet for some fishing and exploring… it was blocked but we found a track around and made it to the beach, where Benny got bogged and had to get the max tracks out.  I’d brought the dyed clothes down with me so I washed them out and made a washing line between the 2 cars with theraband…. Haven’t used it for exercising with yet, oops!!  We were fishing on a steep slope so the waves occasionally washed up and over the slope, at one point right next to me, a herring was washed up onto the sand… I didn’t think it was fair to keep him cos I hadn’t caught him so I very bravely kicked him to one side and then after a few attempts picked him up and threw him back in the ocean, my good deed for the day J Only then the bloody seagulls swooped down and ate him!!!  More fish for dinner and Trish had cooked up this yummy potatoe, broccoli, onion, cheese bake and drinks provided by Kyle, American Honey J


Bogged!!

So proud of my home made washing line and newly dyed, non-grubby, camping clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment