Friday 20 January 2012

Sat 7th – Sun 8th – Mon 9th – Tues 10th

Sat - The next morning on our rock there was no-one else around,  we had blue skies but it was also pretty windy.  Attempted some day fishing before we moved on, Benny even tried ballooning… he did get a pretty god bite and the line went flying out with a “ziiinnnnggg” but then it snapped so we never got to know what it was that was hooked, that’s the bit I find most frustrating with fishing! Benny reckons it was a shark that he had hooked ;) In the arvo we packed up and did the 4x4 part of the track to get a bit closer to Esperance for the morning, camping on the side of a farmers track overnight



Sun – We were up early to get to the markets, I’d rung a couple of days earlier and arranged to have a stall there, Face Painting!!  I set it all up and just had to sit there and wait for customers, it was really quiet at first, kids would see my sign but the early morning mums were obviously in a rush and just dragged their kids off saying “no not now” when they asked if they could have their faces painted, spoil sports!!  After 40 mins of sitting patiently I got my first customer and after that it was non-stop for 3 hours straight, I had kids lining up and at one point Benny was rubbing suncream into my shoulders as I was still painting kids faces!!  Benny didn’t stick around the whole time, he went to book us into a campsite for a night and try and do some work on the car…. When I called him to say I’d had enough (after making about $100!) he said he was on his way… he turned up walking… he’d started to change the fuel filter but it wasn’t going well, the car kept stalling and he’d left in a car park a couple of kms away.  I felt like a real nomad walking back to the car park carrying bags of stuff, a table and chair between us.  Eventually he got it drivable enough to get us to the camp site….

Mon / Tues – The next couple of days was pretty much filled with car stuff, a visit to the wreckers in town (very friendly) and a massive food shop to stock up, vacuum packing meat so it would last longer in the fridge etc..  The car stuff was bothering Benny, especially the fuel filter..

No comments:

Post a Comment