Monday 9 January 2012

Thurs 22nd – 23rd – Boat Harbour

The next couple of days we spent re-organising the kitchen, well mainly Benny reorganized to how he wanted it and I watched so when he couldn’t remember where he’d put everything I could help!!  We had a couple of beach swims and got some more jobs done on the ute, also there were some perfectly positioned trees so we chucked the hammock up to enjoy some relaxing hammock time J  Before we left Freo I’d bought some fly screen mesh and we’d measured it in strips around the bed, I’d then sewn some zips in for the corners to act as a mossie net…. It wasn’t staying put too well and as you know from my previous posts I was getting quite a few mossie bites!!  So I thought that if I sewed some Velcro on the side with the cupboards they’d be less of it to pull down, it took me AGES to sew the Velcro strips on, the thread blowing in the wind and sticking to the Velcro as I was trying to sew it, no joke I think it took about 3 hours, all the time me being jealous of Benny chilling out in the hammock… when it came to stick it up I’d sewn the Velcro on the wrong bloody side!!! GRRRR, the next day I unpicked it all and started again, having a blonde moment by trying to squish a mossie as I was sewing with the needle in my hand, ouccch, gave Benny a good laugh J

Benny worked out in the evening that so far we’ve had 7days with fish for meals and 6 days without…be it for brekkie, lunch or dinner J Living off the land!!


I'd also smuggled a christmas tree decoration from Freo.... I told Benny I'd thrown it out but I'd hidden it under the bed, you need some sparkle at Christmas and it looked pretty good in the sun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment